Thursday, June 3, 2010

Progressing along

Well today was another good phone call from the Stollery, A's AFP was 24 last week, this is phenomenal it has never been this low before. Of course through their calculations that means this week it should be 12 and next week around 6. They are looking for 9 so predicting it keeps falling in 2 weeks we should be ready to start planning surgery to take out his IVAD. Which is about mid August. So by end of summer we should have our baby all back to whole.

A walked two weeks ago and he is doing quite well now. He's starting to vary his diet, and feed himself. He is not speaking yet and in two weeks we have immunizations so I am sure the nurse there will suggest speach therapy, and a nutritionist again. I guess I better let her make the referral as it seems his pediatrician is not going to. I don't know if she'll make any difference but I would hate to not have him go when it could help him. It is always another adventure with A.

Right now I am on the hunt to find him a wood potty chair for when he is ready to go. I think I'll be able to find one that will be sturdy enough for him.

He has a new babysitter he just loves. She came in yesterday and he got off the couch and walked over to her and gave her a big hug. This is such a blessing. I was pretty scared to leave him with anyone but she is really wonderful.

Well I'll be doing another blog in two weeks hopefully getting ready to start our journey to get his IVAD out.

Carrieann

No comments:

Post a Comment