Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Great News

We got more great news today. The stollery called. On April 7 when A went for surgery his AFP level was 12053. They expect it to drop by half each week, but before we left on Monday they took another AFP and it was 4610 so even less than half. I am so excited. I really believe their diagnosis now. We will continue to monitor his AFP weekly for the next 12 weeks, then hopefully he can get in for day surgery to have his IVAD removed.

He is doing well, he is still only eating formula because his tummy's a bit upset, but I am sure soon he will be eating fine. He has run a bit of a fever for the last two afternoons but they go back down and only last an hour or so. He was getting into mischief today but I don't think he's overdoing it, so at least I can keep up to him.

Carrieann

No comments:

Post a Comment