Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Afternoon

Hi all

A has continued to thrive today, his kidneys are working well to take his fluid off, although they had to give him some magnesium through IV and he's getting a bit puffy again. We sat him up for awhile to help his little body along. He's napping now, but soon I will settle him in the rocking chair for a snuggle with his mom.

He has played peek a boo, and patty cake with Auntie Verna. He has been looking at his books and charming the hospital staff. The only monitor he has left is his oxygen saturation monitor and that is going so well we expect it to be removed tonight as well. Which is good because he's still trying to reach that toe.

He certainly seems to be in no pain or discomfort. Smiles and sounds are coming easy to him. We put up a poster of love for him and he is enjoying it. I took some pictures to email but I forgot my cord on J's table so clint will get it for me tomorrow.

I think I'll go looking for some button up PJ's for him in case he gets to leave his bed and maybe a wagon so he can start to have some road trips around the ward. There is a wagon in oncology but it's in pretty high demand. Right now though he's pretty happy with his snuggles, books and dvd's.

He continues to amaze me, and the hospital staff, it's really hard to believe he had major surgery 4 days ago. The doctor came by and reaffirmed that they will probably turn him over to oncology tomorrow. When we were at home I was so scared at how he would handle the side effects of chemo and now I truly wonder if it will really slow him down at all, seeing as he has recovered so well post op. I pray it goes well and soon we will be able to take him home.

Thank you all again

Carrieann c/o Clint, A, and "The Godfather"

No comments:

Post a Comment