Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday

Today I have wonderful news. A is doing so well he has been released from surgery to oncology. Oncology is really waiting for pathology reports before moving forward so we are going out on an overnight pass to J's tonight. Again I am amazed that he has recovered so quickly. I hope he does as well in the next stage of his journey.

A is only on advil for pain and has had all other things removed except his stable IV line which will stay in till the end of all his chemo. His magnesium was a bit low so they are giving him an infusion before we leave today. He ate some green beans just fine for his first real solid food in 5 days. He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain as he was trying to stand in his crib today. His incision is healing wonderfully.

I can't tell you the gift it is to hold your child unencumbered. We are getting lots of smiles, and even a few little laughs. He was flirting with the night nurses when they all came around last night. I have such hope for his continued journey.

I also really want to thank J, I made such a good choice in Godfather's. My little family would be truly lost without him and the rest of the family. He has made this journey much easier on us in too many ways to count. Thank you for being you J. Thank you for choosing to be his Godfather when I asked.

Love to all

Carrieann, Clint and A

No comments:

Post a Comment